Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, April 25, 2008

Girls Weekend


My dear friend Katie and I met up in NYC on April 12th for a belated celebration of our birthdays. We were born a few days apart and normally get together the end of January/beginning of February to celebrate. She lives in DC and we realized that with the price of gas, it's cheaper for us to meet in NYC instead of her driving to my home, or vice versa. Go figure!

This year we decided to grab breakfast at a restaurant near Central Park. The food was delicious! I had their Wah-za waffle which was a Belgian waffle with fresh pineapple and blueberries baked in the batter, fresh bananas on top of that covered with blueberry yogurt that was caramelized a la creme' brulee style and more fresh blueberries on top of that! It was sooo good, but very sweet and I could only eat about half. Their fresh-squeezed orange juice was endless and it was the best orange juice I have ever had. It tasted like they squeezed tangerines in with the oranges...yum! They also gave us a free sample of their melon-strawberry-raspberry smoothie and boy was it good too. I ordered a side of bacon and they brought me out a plate with about 12 strips on it! I highly recommend this place if you're ever in NYC. The prices were about $40/each (including tax, tip, side, orange juice & entree), but it filled me up from noon to 7pm. The only downside was that the tables are VERY close together and it's noisy, but that's typical for most NYC restaurants.

After our delicious meal, we went and saw this:


It wasn't my favorite Broadway show, and according to Katie it was different from the movie (I wouldn't know because Mary Poppins was never one of my favorite Disney movies so I haven't watched it in well over 20 years), but it was still so fun to see the way the stage moves all over the place and hear the songs that everyone knows.

Unfortunately, I had to catch a train back home right after the play because my hubby was being awarded the "Leader of the Year" award and I didn't want to miss seeing that (I was so stinkin' proud of him!!!) so I missed out on shopping time. I guess there's always next year.

Hope you had as much fun as I did, Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.